Thursday, January 27, 2005

Threats have forced me back

Well I got two emails from two of my male friends back in the T-dot, and both of them referred to my blog. Ilir said what's the point of having a blog - it's just a cry for attention. And I suppose that's true, but then what's the point in trying to become a movie director if not to get your stories on the screen for all to see. I suppose you could counter that your stories are not a play-by-play of your life, but we all know the same motives are in operation. Ilir also mentioned his near-miss at getting some girl-action at his latest party. I mention this only for symmetry, because now we must move on to David.

David scolded me and said I should update my blog (the reverse of Ilir) and he downplayed his girl-chasing, saying it takes up only 8% of his time. (I have to use David's jokes in my blog because he's funnier than me.) Now if this isn't a case of parallel lives I don't know what is. Interestingly, David and Ilir met at a party once and didn't like each other. I think it's because they're both demi-Italian, witty, urbanite intellectuals with short brown hair and no girlfriends. Thus, they are natural competitors for both lavish intellectual attention and lavish vapid females, which they secretly desire while actually spending all of their time pursuing overly nerdy or JAP-y females. (N.B. JAP is an acronym for Jewish American Princess, not a WWII racist slur against my neighbours, nay, my human brothers and sisters.). And thus, as natural competitors they will eventually come into direct combat and bloody each others noses in a perfect mirror of Morley Callahan and Ernest Hemingway's infamous fisticuffs.

That's why I suggest you both go into some serious Chuck Norris-style training so that this fight will be brilliant, and I can watch and videotape it, and later sell the videotape to Biography when Ilir Pristine has won his Palme D'Or and is embroiled in a sex scandal, and David Marchese has ascended to CEO of some advertising firm with a contract to do PR for George Bush III's campaign. Not that David is right wing, it's just good business, dammit. Would you turn down that kind of cash if it was thrust at you? And besides, Bush 3 is new blood and he's running as an outsider, "against peace, prosperity and incumbency" - just like his dad when he was re-elected.

Insincerely,
A. Boylan

1 comment:

Crissy Calhoun said...

i agree with claire. i have a blog so that people who have already expressed an interest in what i'm up to can be informed. and writing things down is a great way to figure out what is on one's mind and thinking things thru. for me, at least. though i mainly just blog about fruit juice.

ringside seats for me.