Monday, January 31, 2005

The cat came back

This cat is going to stay. I've decided to stay for a second term in office, mainly due to the calls from my many wonderful supporters for me to continue in my position. It is a truly thankless position, and I am capable of so much more, but it's for the people. And for the money.

It would be so much cooler if I could move to a different part of Japan though. I mean, if I could move there, and Veronica could move there too, but I don't know if she would want to as her school is pretty decent and Ishiyama is pretty decent. Nagahama really is not the best place in Japan. I've heard this from many JETs who came from different areas of Japan and are now teaching in Japan. The only way you can do that is if you finish three years on JET and then continue as an elementary school teacher.

But now I must go to work, infused with a sense of purpose.

No comments: